Prof. Dr. med. dent.
Head Section of Dental Radiology and Stomatology
Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology
School of Dental Medicine University of Bern
Studies, training and positions
- Dental degree (1998) and thesis (Dr. med. dent., 2001) at the University of Basel.
- Training in oral surgery and stomatology in Basel (1998-1999, Prof. Dr. Dr. J. Th. Lambrecht) and Bern (2000-2002, Prof. Dr. D. Buser). Board-certified oral surgeon since June 2003.
- Since autumn 2002, senior lecturer and head of the Stomatology Service at the Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology at the University of Bern.
- In 2004, visiting assistant professor at the Department of Periodontics (Prof. Dr. D. Cochran) at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA, with a grant from the Swiss National Research Foundation.
- Since autumn 2007 head Section of Dental Radiology and Stomatology at the Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology at the University of Bern.
- In October 2009, Habilitation (Privatdozent / PD) in the field of „Oral Surgery and Stomatology“.
- Since January 2013 guest professor at the Oral Imaging Center, Department of Oral Health Sciences, KU Leuven, UZ Leuven, Belgium.
- Since April 2014 associate professor at the University of Bern.
Fields of research
Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) in clinical dental practice, stomatology/oral medicine, GBR procedures with bioresorbable membranes and dental implants