Large Clinical Grants
The Osteology Foundation aims to support clinical research to bridge the gap between scientific progress and clinical practice for the benefit of the patient. The Large Clinical Grants programme addresses hypothesis driven clinical research questions in the field of oral and maxillofacial tissue regeneration.
There are two stages in the application process:
Applicants can submit an abstract of their proposed project biannually by 15 November. The next deadline is 15 November 2019 (no funding cycle 2018). The Osteology Science Committee selects projects, which then progress to the next stage.
Applicants are invited to submit their full application. The submissions are then evaluated for potential funding by the Osteology Science Committee.
Research types falling within the scope of the Osteology Foundation are for example:
- RCT (also small multi centres) and quasi RCT
- Case controlled studies
- Prospective cohort studies
- Surgical techniques (also in combination with biologics, drugs and devices)
- Drugs (also e.g. phase I / phase II - pilot studies, proof of principle)
- Devices (e.g. pilot studies, proof of principle, feasibility studies)
- Combination products
Who can apply?
Well-established research groups that demonstrate clinical research expertise.
Amount of funding
Grants are limited to 350’000 Swiss Francs with a maximum project duration of three years.
- Hypothesis answering a clinical research question relevant to the field of oral and maxillofacial regeneration
- Facilities and expertise to conduct a GCP study
- Sound and transparent budget