Deadline for submission of cases is the 26 November 2017 at 11.55 pm CET. The chosen indication for this case competition is Ridge Preservation with or without implant placement planned.
Winners will be selected by a combination of jury decision and likes by the audience. The jury consists of the eight members of THE BOX Team and Mauricio Araujo and Franck Renouard, Board Members of the Osteology Foundation.
The audience vote (number of likes for the case in that competition) accounts for 25 % of the decision.
Criteria for the evaluation:
- Creativity and originality of the treatment
- Evidence-based approach
- Good outcome
- Good quality of pictures
- Biological principles behind the technique
- Complete documentation (incl. patient information and parameters)
- Follow-up of at least 6 months post-surgical, and at least 2 additional timepoints documented
The winner of the case competition will receive a free entry to one of the National Osteology Symposia in 2018. For a list of events see: https://www.osteology.org/education/national-symposia
How to participate?
- Log in or, if you are new, register for THE BOX at www.box.osteology.org
- Go to My Groups in the My BOX section.
- Scroll down until you see “Groups you might be interested in”, and click on “Show groups”.
- Click on "Join" on the "Osteology Case Competitions" Group
- After that you will find it under “Other Official Groups”
- Go to group. And in the tab “Cases” you will find the Case Competition.
- To submit a clinical case, you have to upload it to the Case Box first.
- To join the competition click on “Submit a Case”, follow the instructions on the Case Competition page.
- You can also join the discussion in the forum of this group, bookmark it by clicking on the little icon on the top right of the page, and subscribe to notifications from the group.
- And you can add you friends in the Members section. Spread the word, add you colleagues and ask them to vote for the best case (like). Their opinion counts for 25% of the decision in the end.