Research Academy Gothenburg
16-18 May 2018
Interface Biology and Ultrastructure
This course will be hosted for the first time at the University of Gothenburg. The renown scientist from the Department of Biomaterials e.g. Prof. Christer Dahlin, Prof. Peter Thomsen, Prof. Pentti Tengvall and Dr. Omar Omar will provide information on biomaterials used for oral tissue regeneration. Moreover, the instructors will provide insights on structural and molecular aspects of the tissue-implant interface and characterisation methods to answer relevant clinical questions in oral tissue regeneration.
The course includes presentations as well as laboratory workshops and extensive time to discuss own research and learn from the experts in the field of biomaterials and oral tissue regeneration.
These 3 days represent an opportunity for those interested in dental biomaterials and oral tissue regeneration as well as those who want to gain expertise in advanced techniques in the respective fields from experienced scientists.
The content of the course provides in-depth background information on:
- Dental biomaterials
- Tissue-implant interface
- Physiological tissue repair processes
- Microscopy techniques
- Molecular biological techniques
Special features include:
- Extensive hands-on training in small-size classes of four participants
- Workshop on molecular biological techniques (PCR) - RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, quality analysis
- Workshop on electron microscopy (SEM) - bone-implant interface analysis (BE-SEM)
- Casual atmosphere and networking events