Research Academy Information
11-13 May 2022, Gothenburg
Interface Biology and Ultrastructure
This course will be hosted for the second time at the University of Gothenburg. Renowned scientists from the Department of Biomaterials such as Prof. Christer Dahlin or Prof. Peter Thomsen will provide information on biomaterials used for oral tissue regeneration. Moreover, the instructors will provide insights on structural and molecular aspects of the tissue-implant interface and characterisation methods to answer relevant clinical questions in oral tissue regeneration.
The course includes presentations as well as laboratory workshops and extensive time to discuss own research and learn from the experts in the field of biomaterials and oral tissue regeneration.
These 3 days represent an opportunity for those interested in dental biomaterials and oral tissue regeneration as well as those who want to gain expertise in advanced techniques in the respective fields from experienced scientists.
The content of the course provides information on:
- Dental biomaterials
- Tissue-implant interface
- Physiological tissue repair processes
- Biomaterial-associated infections
- Microscopy techniques
- Molecular biological techniques
Special features include:
- Extensive hands-on training in small-size classes of four participants
- Workshop on molecular biological techniques (PCR) - RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, quality analysis
- Workshop on electron microscopy (SEM) - bone-implant interface analysis (BE-SEM)
- Casual atmosphere and networking events
Anders Palmquist, Sweden
Margarita Trobos, Sweden
University of Gothenburg
Department of Biomaterials
Institute of Clinical Sciences
Arvid Wallgrens backe 20
The official course language is English.
Contact: Benjamin Müller
phone +41 41 368 44 49
fax +41 41 492 67 39