The 13 participants of the intensive course came from 10 countries from all-over the world to gain deeper insights into histology in oral bone regeneration. The Expert Module of the Osteology Research Academy comprises 13 hours of practical (in the laboratory) and 7 hours of theoretical advanced training on the following topics:
- Pre-clinical and clinical studies in bone regeneration
- MicroCT, histomorphometry and digital image analysis
- Bone anatomy, histology, physiology and bone pathophysiology
- Hard tissue sample preparation
- Data presentation: from the raw picture to the figure
Asked about their experiences during the course the participants gave the following feedback:
The professionalism and enthusiasm of all people involved, and the course have been an excellent steppingstone for someone like me who has been out of the research field since my postgraduate studies.
Steven Soukoulis, Australia
An inspiring course with great content that will be applicable for my future research.
Monica Misawa, Brazil
In enjoyed the workshops, tips and tricks for future projects and the 1:1 discussion with the experts very much.
Dominic Ho, Hong Kong
The next Expert Module will take place 7-9 November 2016 in Vienna/Austria.