The first ever Osteology Research Academy Course in Asia attracted 33 participants from 11 different countries, and not only from Asia. Interested researchers from Australia, China (Taipei, Hong Kong SAR), India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the UK attended the 4-day course on good scientific practice and research methodology.
The participants enjoyed the relaxed learning atmosphere, the close contact and discussions with renowned and experienced presenters, and also the chance to get into contact with other young researchers from all-over the world.
Some of the feedback derived from the participants after the course:
- The course has helped me in knowing the topics that need research and how to conduct research as a practitioner in a hospital.
- It was an in-depth and comprehensive overview of pre-clinical research methods.
- This course stimulates me to think about different types of research design and approach. It was a great opportunity to ask my questions to the great speakers and researchers.
- I gained information about the proper protocols for the planning of pre-clinical and clinical research, and a better understanding on the importance of defining the research question and the setting of the parameters of the study.
- I got the opportunity to know researchers from other countries, and it is a good opportunity for networking.
Also the presenters, who came from 6 different countries (Germany, Japan, China, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland), enjoyed the course, and were happy about the very interested participants, who asked plenty of questions to the international experts. The enthusiasm and the active involvement of the young researchers was mentioned several times.
A big thank you goes to the local organisers from the University of Hong Kong. Without the collaboration with them, and their wonderful support, such a successful event would not have been possible.
About the Osteology Research Academy
Osteology Research Academy Courses are organised all over the world. Further information and registration can be found online. Education Grants are available towards the participation in Osteology Research Academy Courses.